For 2011, we are keeping the goals of the group pretty simple. They are:
- Build online relationships
- Build offline relationships
- Deliver content to the Blog
- Connect employers with those seeking career advancement
In association with the group’s goals, we are experimenting with certain “special programs” that enable the achievement of these goals. We’re starting off 2011 with the following programs. Although membership is free, there will be associated costs for each of programs.
“FOUR FOR” MEMBER MINI EVENTS
Our “Four For” programs are targeted at building off-line relationships with “mini” events. These are “opt-in” programs the require members to choose to participate.
The goal of this program is to get members in groups of four to connect off-line. For example:
- Four For Lunch
- Four For Dinner
- Four for Golf
- Four for Tennis, etc.
Every “mini” event will be Dutch…meaning you have to pay for your own way. We will also set these events upon member profiles with the goal being that each person sitting at the table…gets the most out of their time spent.
LINKEDIN.com DIRECT CONNECT
This program is for members who are also on LinkedIn.com that wish to build out their network with the assistance of the group. It simply works like this:
- You answer some quick profile questions regarding the type of person you want to connect with.
- The Group Moderator will then send an email campaign to those that match your request.
- Within this email will be a description of you.
- All those that receive the email and want to connect with you, will send you a LinkedIn connection request to connect.
For example, for one person to connect with 500 people through their own effort would take a considerable amount of time that could be measured in weeks or months. However, for 500 people to connect with 1 person…that would only take each a person a few minutes time.
LINKEDIN.com TARGETED RESEARCH LISTS
For those members that like to connect with fewer, but perhaps more meaningful, connections we provide research lists of other executives that have profiles on LinkedIn.com. These lists work great as “target lists” that members can use to reach out to other executives as they feel the need or have the time.
We’ll be asking companies and employers to sponsor the group in a number of ways including financial contributions. This could include, but not limited to:
- Providing facilities for offline networking and informational meetings
- Posting hiring needs that they have within their company
- Post RFP’s for current projects or research
- Contribute content to the Blog
For information regarding any of these programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.